Columbus Bank and Trust Company is a locally owned, home town bank that originally opened its doors on February 2, 1935 and has remained in local ownership for over 80 years. The original owners were R.V. Prokop, J.H. Moeller, and W.E. Barkley. The Bradley Family took ownership in 1938 and retained ownership until July of 2013 when a local group of investors purchased the bank appointing Jeff Johnson as President and Chairman of the Board.
The Bank has grown substantially in many ways over the past few years. In 2004, our branch bank on East Highway 30 was added, and since then several renovations to the main bank building have occurred. Through this growth we have never lost focus our customers and the community we serve. Our staff is very active in many civic, church and other local organizations, giving of themselves to keep our community strong.
Throughout the years Columbus Bank and Trust Company has remained “Customer Focused, Community Minded and LOCALLY Owned.”
Our Mission Statement
To be the locally owned, hometown bank, providing a wide range of exceptional financial services that meet the needs of our customers through our dedicated, knowledgeable and courteous employees.